TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Friday, January 22, 2016

Anna Griffin Inspired

I love love love Anna Griffin style cards.  They are so pretty and elegant.  Many people have jumped on the wagon of HSN and have signed up for her auto ship folders and dies.  Others collected her papers and toppers.  I???  Well I am frugal.  I have found similar folders through the company Darice and K Company carries quite a bit of papers with that same elegant look.  So I try to mimic but with a much smaller budget.
With my friends birthday being this month (she's the one that got that cute VHS case) I decided to make her card a bit elegant.  Though in all honesty she really like funny cards and I do have some of the funnier stamps but I was really in the mood for this type of card instead.


The card is a 5x6 and I used some distressed rose paper from an old paper pack I had for the first layer and for inside of the card.  The top layer is a very light blue linen type paper that I embossed with a floral Darice folder.  I used my scallop Spellbinders die for all the ovals.  The swirls are on white card and is also a Spellbinders die.  Ribbon is a sheer blue from Dollar Tree.  Sure reminds me of Anna Griffin!  
Just remember you can always create a similar look using different products.  So many people think you have to use exactly the same products to get the same look.  No so!  Just let your imagination go.......You can do it!!

Thanks for stopping by and............................

HAPPY CARDING

No comments:

Post a Comment