TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Sunday, December 10, 2017

SNOWMAN HATS CENTERPIECE

Hello!!!  Still no snow here but I have snowmen on my mind.  I am a big hoarder of recyclables.  If I think it can be transformed I save it.  So while having been taking care of my new granddaughter over the last year, she went through quite a bit of formula.  Well those can had to be good for something.  Sure enough I found the perfect use via Pinterest.  Snowmen hats!  I checked out alot of Pins too.  Some said to use black plastic plates, others said cut black foam board but one suggested old 78 records!  Hmmmmmm....off to Goodwill I went and lo and behold......they had some for $1.99 for a box of 6.  SCORE!!!!  Home I went with some black spray paint and tacky glue.  I sprayed all the cans black and then glued them open side down on the record and let them sit overnight to totally dry.  The next day...lined them up and started decorating.  Of course I have to have 1 blooper.  I glued 1 of the cans upside down on the record so this hat had to become a vase.  But that's OK.  My daughter in law loved it so I gave it to her for her mantle.  Anyway here's the finished project.



I really should have taken a better picture but I was getting ready to give these to some lady friends as an early Christmas gift so I just plopped them on the table and snapped the picture.  Later after I had already given them out I looked back on the picture and thought oh my goodness I could have at least cleaned off the table!  LOL  Well now everyone knows I'm human and have normal human mess's!  Well my friends loved their hat centerpieces and now I need to go make one for me!

Are you feeling crafty yet?  Holidays are just around the corner!

HAPPY CARDING and CRAFTING!




2 comments:

  1. Susan, your Santa hats are just awesome! What a great idea for saving/recycling baby formula containers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE these, Susan! Such fun!! Why am I the only one who never has luck at Good Will?

    ReplyDelete