TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Thursday, August 2, 2018

A Blue Christmas

Its time for another recycle project.  I did one a ways back and have found an opportunity to do it again.  A friend of mine was having her office relocated and the company was discarding alot of stuff.  Some of which just so happened to be some note cards and envelopes.  Envelopes can always be re-used just by placing a label over the old address.  The note cards............well I just shoved them in a corner.  They needed a little more thought.
Today I pulled those out so I could come up with a simple and relatively flat Christmas card.  Ones with little or no dimensions so that when mailing there needn't be extra postage.  I'm a bling kind of person as I've said before.  I love layers and tend to get carried away.  LOL  Instead today I have 2 very simple recycled note card Christmas cards.
Here's another picture with the blank card in front of the new card.
As you can see the navy card already had the gold trim line on it and I decided to let it stay instead of covering it.  I used some white linen paper for the snow hills which were dies from a crafting magazine from a few years ago.  I bought the galaxy Star paper at Hobby Lobby yesterday.  The other card I had used some navy linen cardstock and then used my stitched ovals.  Winter wishes is actually 2 word dies from a Sizzix card die set.  I think its a gate fold snowflake card die.

Well that's it for now.  I think I'm going to slap a few more of these together to add to my Christmas card pile.


Til next time...................................
HAPPY CARDING!















3 comments:

  1. Look. at. you!! These are absolutely gorgeous, Susan! Very nice way to recycle! I haven't done this in years (sadly, we threw it all out for space!) and now wish I had the chance to go back and recreate! LOVE the color combo . I think you'll be using your new die that you bought more often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great recycling job you have done with these, Susan!! Love that you kept the gold border on the blue one! Quite elegant, girlfriend!!

    ReplyDelete