TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Monday, August 5, 2024

CRAFTING AT THE CABIN 2024

 Hello.  Got a late start posting this summer.  Ok lets be real, I got a late start crafting this summer up at the cabin.  We did not arrive as early as usual due to the many plays we attended that the grandkids were preforming in at the end of the school year.  By the time I got up here it was time to prep for the 4th of July festivities we host every year.  Seemed one thing just led to another.

So today is kind of a craft dump.  First lets start with these cute little wooden owls.  I did these with the kids before the 4th so I could hang mine in our little woodland garden area up north.  Well mine still isn't hung.  Hubby is a bit slow when we get up here.  Seems he'd rather strum his guitar by the lake.  LOL  Guess I'll give him a pass after all he did cut the wood for these owls for me.

We used tree twigs at the bottom and then ties some jute on it to resemble the feet.  the branch was attached with wire and put through tiny holes we drilled through the owl.


Some jute was stapled on the back to hang them with.  So cute.

Second project I worked on were card kits for my grandnieces.  My nephew brings his family up here to use the cabin every summer for a week.  The perks of being my favorite.  So to make sure the have something to do in the evenings or on a rainy day I try to have some sort of paper craft ready for them.  Last year it was tags and this year it's a small set of cards.  I made them 2 samples and bagged everything they would need.  I made all the major embellies and even made the envelopes since the cards are made of my scraps and measured 4 x 4.5 so they needed custom envelopes.


Each packet had 4 bases and 4 double sided DSP's for them to begin with.  They can get inspiration from the samples which I kept super simple since 2 of the kids are ages 6 and 9.  I didn't want them to be too complicated.


Well that's it for now.  I have alot more embellies to gather up and some more cark kits to make for other people.  Plus another HAPPY MAIL idea.  So stay tune.  I'll be crafting at the cabin at least til November.


Til next time.................................................

1 comment:

  1. Susan, I wish I had just a wee bit of creativity! WOW! You sure do make some amazing things. I love everything in this "dump" but my favorite is those owls. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete