TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

ONE SHEET WONDER FANS

So Valentines Day is coming up and kids are going to want to make some Valentines.  Adults too!   What better way than with the One Sheet Wonder plan!  What I used was 1 sheet of printed 8 1/2 x 11 card stock and 1 sheet each of red, pink and white 8 1/2 x 11 card stock.   Cut pieces of the printed card stock following measurements on photo below.


That will give you 27 pieces to work with.  My card stock was printed on 1 side and white on the other but I bet you can get some awesome designs if you use 2 sided card stock. Next cut 3 pieces that measure 3 x 6 from each of the white pink and red card stock.  Score each 3x6 in half to make a 3x3 card.  You'll get 9 cards from the 3 sheets of stock plus scraps to add to your designs.  Now let your imagination go wild!  I used some heart and circle punchs that I punched out from left over solid card stock used to make the cards.  I also used a few stamps on some rectangles adding Valentine greetings.  Super simple, super cute! 



A much quicker card for the kids to make is the envelope card.  Adults will like making these too just add more embellishments.  I used my envelope maker and used the measurements for a 3x3 card envelope.  You start with a 5 1/4 x 5 1/4 piece of card stock of your choice.  Score on the 2 5/8 mark on score envelope board.  Fold on score lines.  If you don't have the envelope score board you can do this instead.  Cut a piece of card stock 5 1/4 x 5 1/4.  on all four sides measure half way point (2 5/8) and place a little mark.  Make a score mark from 1 dot diagonally to the next dot.  At each dot make a small V cut. As shown below.  All 4 corners can be left pointed or you can use your corner rounder and round them off.


Decorate out side and inside fold and close with a small Valentine sticker. Ta Da!  Super simple again!



I'm feeling the LOVE!  I think I'll go make a few more Valentine cards!

No comments:

Post a Comment