TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Friday, January 31, 2014

Not thrilled

Have you ever seen a card on Pinterest and thought "Oh cute...think I'll make one of those"?  Well I saw this quilt card (sorry forgot who pinned it) and figured I have lots of scraps so what the heck.
Well.........................definitely not a fav.  In fact neither was the next card I made.  Ok here's disappointment  #1


I know its not Horrible but could have choosen better scraps and base card, which is a brownish and the mat was an army green.

But then.....................disappointment #2.  Had a base card cut a while ago out of this pale pink bazzille paper.  Went through more scraps and found this polka dot stuff.  Then I had this Hero arts stamp and decided to try multiple emboss colors on it.  I tried this technique awhile ago on a tulip stamp and Loved it! To be honest I loved the embossed flowers.  I just stamped in versa mark on off white then scantly sprinkled a magenta and light blue emboss powder ever so gently over flower image and then used a med green and lightly sprinkled over leaf and stem areas.  Then topped just a hint more of magenta and blue over everything.  Tapped off (yes all the extra powders mixed but save it) and heated.  Oh my goodness I LOVED IT!  Then I stamped the word Spring with versa mark and used the left over mixed up powder to emboss it.  Also LOVED the out come.  Unfortunately I them put all components together for the card and Hated it when it was done.  Ok we all make booboo's....and this one is mine.  I believe we should all share our "Bads" with our "Goods"!

Great!!!  Even my picture didn't turn out good  :(   Oh well.
Happy Carding!

No comments:

Post a Comment