TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

TRICKS OF THE TRADE

Happy Tuesday everyone!!  Oops kind of late posting this.  Seems it's already nearing 8pm over here.  LOL  Today I thought I'd share some of my tricks of the trade.  I tend to sometimes use unconventional items when I'm crafting so I just thought I'd share them with you.  I shared some awhile ago in a post entitled  "Moneysaver" and  "Repurpose".  This time I have a few more.  
  First....lets talk about "Denture" brushes.  You can get these at the Dollar store and since they are so cheap you can get a few.  I use these for scrubbing stamps that I've used versa mark clear pad to ink up for embossing or for those antique printing plates I have to get some of that excess ink out of the nooks and crannies.  Having 2 different sizes on 1 brush is convenient too.


Next cleaning solution.  Ok I know...NOT cheap! But man does this stuff work!  I've mentioned Simple Green before and sometimes I know it's easier to have a visual when you go out shopping looking for stuff so I attached a photo so you could see what I'm talking about.  I use this to clean Staz On ink off the stamps.  I also used it on the printing plates.  I have not had any stamps ruined from using this product.  It was originally used to clean & condition rubber, like tires.  So I figured it has to be safe for the rubber stamps and it would condition them too.  I also use this on the cling stamps with no problems.
Next.....plastic deli containers.  These are easy to stack and are clear so you can see what's in them.

I have a few of these around my craft room that hold some of my homemade paper flowers and the paper bows.  They are also convenient for pouring emboss powders in them that you buy in bulk.  Like the large jar of the clear powder from Rangers.  If stored in this type of container you can use a mini plastic spoon and spoon the powder over your stamped image above the container for little to no mess.  Love it!  Oh I know you can buy plastic storage containers with lids at the stores but HEY!!  These are FREE!!!  YAY!!!  I'm all about free!  LOL

Lastly.....Soda bottle caps.  Put a little glue dot on a piece of wooden block and use like a tamp to add a little interest to your background.  I used it here on this tag...if you look really carefully you'll see little black scallopy (is that a word? heehee) circles.  Real random.

I guess most visible to left of lamppost
Well I think that's a bit all for now.  Hope you can use some of these ideas in your craft room.   Use the unexpected.  It could be a perfect addition to your card!


HAPPY CARDING















No comments:

Post a Comment