TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Sunday, August 3, 2014

Measure of life all occasion

Hi everyone...yeah I know 2 post in one day.  See what happens when I'm away from my computer for 2 1/2 weeks!  I get so inspired up at the cabin that I just want to keep on going.  Unfortunately this time I left alot of stuff at home and I just didn't want to start buying more duplicates.  Some stuff I can't leave up there due to the fact that it is strictly a 3 season home and on the lake.  It would be subjected to all sorts of temperature changes and humidity.  Kind of like keeping all your craft supplies in a tent on a beach for months!  Not good! LOL  So the only things I leave up there is some scrap paper in zip lock bags, a trimmer & score board, some gel pens, watercolor pencils and paint brush's.  Everything else I pretty much have to bring up myself every time I go.  This time though I did remember to bring up the "Measure of Life" stamp set from stampin up that I borrowed from my fellow stamper.  I know I've used her name before but I think I really need to ask her if it's ok for me to mention her every now and then.  Anyway...in my bag I had a few already cut and scored Kraft paper card bases and some turquoise and orangey paper scraps.  So on some watercolor paper I did some random watercolor washes for the background of my stamp.  I then stamped random shadows using the dragonfly stamp with the final stamping being done in Hampton Arts black ink and clear embossed.  I also distressed the edges of both the watercolor piece as well as the orange mat before adhering to the card.  The 2" turquoise piece I sprayed with water and scrunched it up, then reopened and let it dry to add some more texture to the card.
Popped on a button with some Antique spool thread. (I'll post a picture of that later too)  I made a set of 4 to tie into a bundle as all occasion cards.  I think if I tie them together with some raffia they'd make a cute thank-you gift.  

Guess I better start taking pictures of that spool thread and those stamping plates from a previous post.  So.................

HAPPY CARDING!!







No comments:

Post a Comment