TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Friday, August 21, 2015

A little ruffle Christmas

So I finally for a NEW fold!!!  I love fancy folds and it is so hard to find something new out there.  Well I found one.  It was in one of my Cardmaking magazines from the UK.  The card base is cream and typical 4.25" x 5.5".  A piece of pattern paper was attached to the front leaving no border so it was a 4.25 x 5.5 piece.  The Hunter green stock was cut 3" x 10".
With the green laying on table lengthwise, measure in 3" from bottom left and place a small mark.  Then on right side measure from top right corner down 1.5" and mark.  Now cut the angle between the 2 marks.  With angle part facing down and straight 10" edge on top place in score board and score at 3",  3.5", 5", and 6 1/8".  accordion fold starting at 3" score mark and making that a mountain fold. Wrap a piece of ribbon to the top of your folded piece and then attach to card base pattern paper using a strong adhesive.  2 trees were stamped out and cut out and placed on left side of card with dimensionals. a small bow was added to the right side and 2 small red sequins were added to the folds.  I'm making a bunch of these!  On the 2 cards  to the right I tried white inking the edges of the folder piece but didn't really like it so the next 2 are left plain.  I like that a whole lot more!
Whew..............................A few more left!  Wonder if I'll get them all posted before I leave again on Wednesday?  Hmmmm????  Not sure. But I will try!

Later
HAPPY CARDING!

1 comment: