TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Sunday, August 2, 2015

Frosty

    Hello....time for more Christmas!!  Today is SUPER cute!  It's a snowman and who doesn't like snowmen?  I was a little bit leary about posting this because I may be giving these to my card making gals that I meet up with.  But what the heck!!  They"ll forget by Christmas right?  LOL  This one was so much fun and is definitely my style when it comes to card making.
This is a 5.5"  x  5.5" card.  The Base is Crumb cake.  I cut a 2.5" x 5" piece of Kraft card and border punched one side.  The right if you can see that.  I then smudged white ink over the entire piece to make it look kind of grungy. On the right side of the base piece I stamped snowflakes in various sizes.  I ran my walnut ink pad around all the edges of the base.  I stamped the snowman on a 2.25" x 2.5" white card stock and colored him in with gel pens.  He was matted onto a 2.5" x 2.75" piece of Kraft card.  Welcome winter was also Kraft card and smudged edges with the walnut ink. I punched out some flowers and did some layering and adhered them to the corners and then added a Punched snowflake to left corner.
I love how this card turned out.  A bit time consuming with making flowers and all the inking but it's not like it takes all day!  LOL
Well that's it for now but like I said I have a few more for you so keep checking back.

Til next time
HAPPY CARDING!!!

1 comment:

  1. Darling snowman- I love the birds on his hat & his shoulder. I see the border punched edge- looks great and love the look of the craft ink on that panel too. You are so right- I love snowmen : ) Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete