TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Monday, October 16, 2017

ANNA GRIFFIN STYLE IMPROMPTU

Hi everyone!  Beautiful fall day here today and as my Mondays go I'm busy, busy, busy with grandkids and Monday night family dinner.  Now that all is done I have time to sit and relax and share my most recent cards.

Last Friday I popped in on my friend who had another one over to make a guy card and a birthday card.  I showed up with no intentions on carding but just to chat.  Well needless to say creative juices were flowing and I offered up some suggestion on the guy cards they were making (boy I should have taken a picture of their final card) and they turned out great!  The second card they were making was a birthday card using an Anna Griffin embossing folder.  The two of them did a glitter technique on their cards and then took the rest of the pieces to assemble at a later time.  I also had brought home some pieces to work on at home.
The one on the left was the Anna Griffin embossing folder.  I wasn't thrilled with the turn out so I tried again.  Since I did not own the same Anna Griffin folder I use a Cuttlebug one that looked similar.  I liked this a bit better and I needed a birthday card !
Both of these cards are 5x7.  I really like this size and I think I may do more cards in this larger size.  Sometimes I think we all tend to stick with what is comfortable.  4.25 x 5.5 cards are so convenient.  You can get 2 from 1 regular piece of card stock and envelopes are easy to come by.  But, I also think that a more elegant card should be bigger and this certainly fits the bill.

Well now I wonder what to work on.  I still need a few more Christmas cards but I'm also working on my Advent Calendar.  Hmmmmmmmm...decisions decisions.
Until next time

HAPPY CARDING!

4 comments:

  1. I love the pearly, embossed surfaces of these two beautiful cards, Susan! I like to do larger cards, too, for my special friends. It is fun to have more space to work with!! More room to embellish!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, how elegant and gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow- packs a punch of elegance with that beautifully embossed paper! I am with you for more elegant cards- the 5 x 7 are surely a nice card! You have such a busy life- and sounds like you have a blast always!!!

    ReplyDelete