TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Tuesday, October 10, 2017

G45 CHRISTMAS and then some

Ahhhhh.....the start of my favorite pastime.........making Christmas cards and using my favorite line of papers....Graphic 45.  I don't think I can ever have enough of the G45 Christmas line.  I love the retired ones just as much as I love the new releases.  There is something comforting about G45.  I think it may be the fact that it reminds me of Christmas's past.  Where things were simpler.  The colors are so warm.  
Today's card it pretty simple.  I'll let you in on a little secret.....2 of the papers are not from the Christmas line.  That pretty little plaid is actually from the Raining Cats and dogs line.  I needed a plaid and did not have the Christmas one but this one worked just as well and......well the green swirly paper is just a piece I had on hand .  I don't even know where I got it.
I used a Die'sired Christmas Blessing die that I got a deal on at my local Tuesday Morning.  I think I payed $2 for it!!  Great Deal though reading it as Christmas Blessings is quite difficult because the word Christmas doesn't look like Christmas at all.  I lined the inside with Very Vanilla since the card base is black.
Now a little peek...in my last post I mentioned making that snowflake card in different colors.  Well I got started and here's some samples of just a few that I did.
Red and Green shimmer paper...love it!  This time I too the largest snowflake and glued it down on the left side of the card.  Then the right points of the snowflake interlock with the right side flap keeping the card closed.  I wasn't sure if it would work but it did.  Whipped these 2 between Paw Patrol and Shimmer and Shine cartoons on Nick Jr.  Had the grandkids today and they kind of hog the T.V.  LOL

Have a splendid day and til next time....................................
HAPPY CARDING!

2 comments:

  1. Susan, these are beautiful... I admired that fold yesterday and here I am admiring it again today. Awesome designs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nobody does Christmas like Graphic 45! Stunning work on these sensational designs, Susan!!

    ReplyDelete