TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Tuesday, January 30, 2018

THE PERFECT CARD??

So I now have these 2 awesome glue gun holders and new glue guns and I need 2 great cards to go with them.  Boy am I stumped.  I spent an entire week folding...searching Pinterest....tossing....starting over and nothing I did was pleasing to me.  I mean you can't have an awesome gift with a mediocre card.  So far these are my unhappy ones.


I really wanted a fancy fold so I tried variations of the diamond fold and then a trifold accordion and although I liked the papers on the 2 cards on the left I just couldn't decide how to finish them.  So on ward to the other 3 which were OK but I didn't like the color choices.  The middle one looks more like a toddler birthday card to me.

Finally I decided on an envelope card.  Since I needed 2 I decided to try 2 different folds.  The first one is a typical envelope card and the next one is a napkin fold which is sort of like an envelope. 




 I like the way both of them turned out.  The papers that I used on both cards was from a paper pack I got at Tuesday Morning called Downton Abbey.  I loved the Victorian look these papers had.  Oh and on the first card the pink floral paper was not part of the Downton Abbey pad.  It was just something I had in my stash.  I have no idea what paper line it is from.  Anyway the ladies liked their cards and that is what counted so it was worth all the trial cards.

Til next time
HAPPY CARDING!!!!

2 comments:

  1. WOW! Susan, you certainly do fancy folds well. Love these!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What amazing creations, Susan!! I would have pulled all of my hair out trying to get these cuts and folds right!! You amaze me, girl!! There is a reason most of my cards are clean and simple! I can not do this!!!!

    ReplyDelete