TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Saturday, October 6, 2018

Fancy Fold Encouragement Card

I have often thought of Random Acts of kindness.  Sometimes I have passed on some homemade soup to a Elderly woman I know or I have paid for someone in lines coffee.  I've sent cards to unknown soldiers or I've dropped off some piping hot breads to a neighbor.  Right now a friend of mine has a friend that is going through a difficult time.  My friend has a heart of gold and has put aside her own needs to help her friend.  Its always hard when someone has to go through illness's, death, depression etc by ones self and to have someone willing and caring reach out is a blessing.  My friend is that blessing for her friend.  I had decided that I would like to send her friend just a little card to say "You are not alone".  

I used the style of my previous baby card as a starting point.  But changed it up just a tad so that I could provide you with a few more details on the making of the card.
Here's the finished card:
I guess you could call this a pop out gate fold card.  The center band is a separate piece of card stock glued on the left 2" of the gate fold.  Then the end 2" of the band is glued to the *8" fold line.  To close you would fold in the right side of the card first then the left.  
The base is 5.5" x 12 scored at 2", 4', 8", and 10".   The band is 1" x 8" scored at 4" and 6".
DSP needed is (4) 1  7/8"  x 5.25" and (1) 3  7/8"  x 5.25"  (1) 7/8" x 3  7/8" and (2) 7/8 x 1  7/8"  That will get you the basics for the card and the decorating is up to you.

I also wanted to make my friend a little card too so I chose another Fancy fold.  It's pretty much my style to do fancy folds lol.  This is a card seen on Maymay Made it.  Not really sure what the fold was called but it was oh so simple to make.  I'll post the directions later as a Christmas card.  I wanted my friend to know how wonderful I think she is.  She has endured her own obstacles and yet finds time to help others. 

Paper was from Kaiser craft for this card and the first card the papers were from Prima Marketing.  I didn't use any dies though I did use my tag punch for the first card and my We R Memories Keepers Punch board for the Be Brave strip.

Well I want to get these in the mail.  That's all for now............til next time

HAPPY CARDING!

5 comments:

  1. What masterful crafting on these stunning cards, Susan!! So very beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well look at you, Susan... those fancy folds are definitely your talent! Love these cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful Susan! You are the master of Fancy Folds!!!

    ReplyDelete