TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Saturday, October 6, 2018

MayMay Made it and so Did I Corner fold

Right in time for Christmas my favorite blogger MayMay showed us all how to do the Corner fold card.  So quick and easy.  Though she makes it look easier when she just grabs whatever paper she has and goes for it.  So I decided that while watching the video I'd just grab pieces from my scrap box and put the card together as I go.  Well................First off not all papers should be combined with other papers.  Even though I thought it would be ok (after all MayMay said she was out of her comfort zone by combing so many patters and colors on 1 card)  Somehow I don't think I pulled it off. But here we go.
And here are the easy peasy directions.
The card base is made from Double sided Designer paper.  Make sure you find at least one other coordinated DSP as well as a piece of solid card stock for middle light enough for stamping on.

1    3" x 3" scrap for a template write "TOP" on the top of the square.
from top left corner measure down 5/8" and make a tick mark  then from bottom right corner measure in toward left 5/8" and make a tick mark.


1    Double sided DSP 8.5" x 5.5" scored in center
1    4" x 5.25" layer DSP
1    3"x 4.25" solid card stock

Take the designer piece and fold for the card.  Place the template in the top right corner of the card and draw a faint line from the tick mark down on the left side of template and then from the tick mark over to meet up with first line.  You will then cut on the lines making a little flap.  For directions I am using just plain card stock.

Oooopppsss.......just noticed the stripe dsp is upside down.  the dimensions for this piece is 4 x 5.25.  This is for the inside panel.  
Now just have fun decorating.  I've seen some people use solid card stock in place of DSP for base so with my above sample I turned it into this:
I really love this Paper Pad by Prima.  I think I bought it over a year ago at Hobby Lobby and it has such beautiful papers in it.  This particular pad is called Lavender and like I said it is by Prima Marketing Inc.  I will definitely use alot more of this line.  Wish I had more fall winter birthdays that I need cards for but I guess the paper will have to wait til spring.

I really like this fold and need to work on a better (MUCH BETTER LOL) Christmas card because frankly that first one stunk!  But I am one who will share my bad as well as my good.  Lucky you heeheehee! 

Fall festival season is here for us so I will be spending some quality time with the grandkids.  So excited to watch them enjoying all the fun activities of fall.

Til next time..............................................

HAPPY CARDING

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you introduced me to MayMay!! And thanks for sharing so clearly just how this fabulous fold is created!! Sensational work, Susan!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome project! Such a fun and cool project!!!

    ReplyDelete