TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Birthday Folio

Well the weather here is horrid.  We have had some mighty snows and now actual temps of -24 with wind chills of -56.  You would think I lived in Antarctica.  But no I'm just here in the Midwest where we usually are able to enjoy the seasons as they change.  No enjoyment now except that I can craft my little heart out.  Which is exactly what I have been doing.  
A dear friend has her birthday coming up and she was such a rock for me during some difficult times checking up on me and making sure I was ok that I wanted to make her a really special Birthday Card to show her how special she really is.  So I decided to do a type of mini album but make it a card and not really an album.  I saw a similar one on G45 but there were no directions so I just wung (is that a word?lol)it.  I do not have any measurements and I truly don't think I will make another one of these.  I used the Floral Shoppe Collection from Graphic 45.  Well here you go.  I photographed each page separately.  It was so hard to keep this open so I had to hold it.  Please excuse the fingers...lol

This is the front closed.
These 2 pages have pockets in them and I used the tags that came with the collection inside the pockets.

The next page has little corners added and the page after that is a half flip page.


On this side you can see how the flip page works and I repeated it for the next page.

Next is the reverse side of the flip page and another pocket page.

And now to the end.  The next page has a side pocket and the last page has a bottom pocket that holds the sentiment card.  

Below is how it stands up on the table.  I love all the shapes of the pages.  I wanted to make it look more feminine and not so boxy.

Thanks for sticking around and viewing all the pages.  Hope you all liked it and I'm sure my friend will love it.

Hmmmmm...we still have more below 0 days ahead (at least another -27 tonight) so I guess I can go create a different Folio for my nieces birthday.

Till next time
HAPPY CARDING







































2 comments:

  1. Wow! wow! WOW!!! This is jaw-dropping gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my, Susan! I cannot even begin to image creating something this exquisite!! Beauty at every turn!! You rock, girlfriend!!

    ReplyDelete