TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Sunday, January 13, 2019

Runners vs Glue & 40 And Still Counting

Wow what a day yesterday!  I got together with my ladies group and we all had our Photo Play Mad for Plaid paper pack.  After a cup of coffee and some yummy breakfast bread it was up to the craft room.  Before lunch came we had made 20 cards.  Pre-cutting the bases and having the mats and cut aparts ready it was pretty easy to assemble.  We also seemed to have a glue vs tape runner episode going on. 

 I have been a big user of glue especially the one I get from (of all places) the Dollar Tree. HERE  Though small in size (fits hands nice) it is a great quick set glue.  I use it for everything.  When lightly put on the edges of DSP it sticks beautifully to the cardstock but you have to be pretty precise because like I said its quick drying so not forgiving but it also holds embellies on perfectly.  But for this challenge I decided to use all the tape runners I had scattered everywhere in my house.  lol 2 of the other ladies decided to use tape runners too and the other 2 used glue.  Here's what happened.
One of the ladies had this ATG gun Here I also had this one with me.  She had 2 new rolls and I had 1 new roll.  Well...................both of them got messed up so bad that we couldn't get the refills in to work properly then pieces of the plastic fell off and it was a hot mess.  We literally ruined 3 rolls of 150 ft tape refills.  So frustrating!!  We had both chose this tape runner because of it's ease of use.  Plus it fit so nice in our tiny hands.  The ATG's that most people buy is just way too big for me and too awkward.   I bought it first and the original new runner with pre-installed tape worked great for me and because of that she bought 1 too plus a refill.   Big mistake.  Then I also had a Theresa Collins Here  This one got the glue from the tape all gunked up at the opening and prevented the unit to work.  I cleaned it up tried again but it apparently got gunked up inside too and tape stuck to tape and locked up the gear.  Another 100 ft down the drain.   Next I had a Tombow stamp tape runner Here  It worked great but was only 40 ft so I ran out quickly and it is also no longer available anywhere I have looked.😥😥  By this time I had no more options so I borrowed a bottle of the Dollar Store glue from one of the ladies.  The other lady with the 2 rolls of the first tape runner switched over to some Ad Tech runners Here which she said she liked but they only had 8.75 ft.  And then went through a few regular small Tombow ones too.   And the ladies that used glue????  Well.........they only used 1 bottle and had no jam ups.  Hmmmm...seems we tape runners lost this.  lol   Now I'm not giving up on runners.  I do have a favorite but I forgot to pack that one.  This one is my favorite at the moment. Here but its from Japan and takes awhile to get it so I always add in refills to my order.  It has over 100 ft.  Has not clogged up on me yet and small for my hands.  I still love my liquid glue from the Dollar Tree and I do use both on my cards.  

So did you think I forgot about the cards???  No not at all.  I still have pictures to take and left over papers to use.  I will probably work on that today.  But here's a little sneak peek.
Joking we all said we should go home slip them into envelopes and address them.  Then we have less to do over the holidays.  heeheehee  Maybe I will?  Nah, probably not.

Til next time..............
HAPPY CARDING

3 comments:

  1. WOW! Look at all the cards! Gorgeous cards!

    And how funny reading about the adhesives!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my tape runner and use it most of the time for speed, but sometimes just call for glue!! I haven't seen that glue at my Dollar Tree but will look harder on my next visit.

    What a great collection of holiday cards!! I well spent morning, I would say, Susan!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Susan, you did it! I was waiting to see how you would fare with the wonderful mat stack and yowza, you put Hallmark to shame here with this stash! Fabulous, love how each one is so different and unique. WHOOP!

    ReplyDelete