TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Friday, November 15, 2019

Christmas Wreath the Maymay way

Its beginning to look alot like Christmas here.  We have had record cold temps and SNOW!  Ughhhh.  It sure has put me in a happy/sad mood.  Happy because I love decorating for Christmas and sad that we never really had a fall.  I plan on being gone over Thanksgiving which is when I usually decorate and Thanksgiving is very very late this year.  So with that in mind I decided to pull out my Christmas stuff early.  Plus as you could tell by my last post it's time for Christmas crafts too.  My Niece-in-law (is that a thing?  N.I.L.?)loves coming over to craft and earlier I had seen a "maymay made it" tutorial on a paper wreath.  Looked so cute so I went out, got some paper and waited for Liz to come over to craft.  Here's a link to maymay's tutorial HERE

I was at Michael's the other day and they had these 6x6 paper pads for $5.   They were double sided so it was perfect for this project. Now just a word of advice...these pads are by Recollection but not all their Recollection pads are double sided.  So you need to check the inside first.  I never noticed and just assumed.   Just a little buyer beware.  I bought what I thought were 5 double sided pads but I only actually flipped through just 1 pad while at the store and ended up with 2 pads that were single sided.  Anyway........ My N.I.L. works at an animal hospital and I saw this cute paper pack that just screamed "BUY ME".  So I got it for her and I went with more traditional papers for me.

Maymay used 12x12 sheets and cut them down to 6x6's but this worked for me.  We used cut aparts instead of stickers but basically followed Maymay's directions.


 
Aren't these cute?   The whole project only took about 2 hours and a few mini glue sticks.  

Enjoy and til next time
HAPPY CARDING!

2 comments:

  1. What a fun thing to create with double sided holiday papers!! Your wreath is fabulous, Susan!

    ReplyDelete