TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Sunday, December 1, 2019

A Natures Wreath

This year my husband and I decided to go visit my sister up north and stay in her spare cabin (I know right?  Who has spare cabins?) for the Thanksgiving weekend.  Usually I'm home and visit with the grand kids but this year brought other plans.  So I hurried and decorated my house for Christmas before we left since usually I get this done over Thanksgiving. Upon arriving at the cabin I was already feeling remorse at leaving everyone behind.  I had no cooking to do as I was instructed to do NOTHING.  So I decided to put a little Christmas into the cabin.  I started first with a little tree she had tucked in a corner. Added lights and beads and a few old ornaments I found in a closet and a dish towel for a skirt.  lol.  It was cute enough for me.  I also found some blue garland, a large pine cone and 2 nut crackers she had in a cabinet so I spruced up the fireplace as well.  I had then decided the front door needed a wreath.  My darling husband went out and trimmed a few branches from some trees and I gathered some smaller pine cones, a piece of driftwood and some seagull feathers from the beach.  We used a coat hanger for the base and not having any ribbon I decided to put a Piggly Wiggly shopping bag to use.  After all it was red and white so it would work.  Everything turned out great and we had an awesome Thanksgiving away from home.  I hope you all had wonderful Thanksgivings as well.



A little glue...glitter... and nature go a long way! I also took a glass Ice coffee bottle and added some red branch's from some dogwoods by the driveway.  A little glue and a little glitter a couple pine cones and BAM instant table center piece!
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....................peaceful!

Til Next Time
Happy Crafting!

1 comment:

  1. What a great job you did with making the cabin feel fun and festive for the holidays, Susan!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete