TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Saturday, January 16, 2021

January filled with Birthdays

 As glad as I am for the new year I have to say I always feel so rushed to make the January Birthday cards.  I have so many for this month.  At least so many for me.  January is a busy month.  Kids are going back to school.  Ok well usually kids are going back to school.  This year my grandkids, who I usually watch, will be remaining remote with their schooling due to the pandemic.  We all usually de-decorate our homes from Christmas and start decorating for Valentines Day and there just doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day to squeeze in birthday cards.  Oh and I have to remember to mail them lol.   The important ones are children so I quickly checked and my little grandnephew turns 6 this month.  He's such a cutie and obsessed with Sponge Bob.  SO since I can't see him I'll send a Sponge Bob card with a check.  Actually I'll have his mom pick the card up as a porch pick up since I don't trust the mail. heeheehee.  So here's my quick card.


Someone told me Sponge Bob has Blue eyes...oh well my Bob has green.  I also put stars as pupils because I couldn't find my small circle punch.  Ughhhh...my craft room is such a mess!

Next I resized the card I made in my last post so that it would fit in a 5 x 7 envelope.  Since these papers were already out from the last card I just used the same ones.  I did put the towers together a slight bit differently just so I could tell myself it was different.  I also used different embellies since this was not for a 25th birthday.  Though I'm sure she would have appreciated being thought of as a 25 year old!


 I still missed a few other birthdays.  Shame on me I even missed my sister in laws.  Thank goodness she understands.  I actually made a card for a friends husband and for one of my past neighbors but I was running so behind that I slipped them in envelopes and right into the mail before getting a picture.  Story of my life lol.

Well that's all I have for now so til next time................................

HAPPY CARDING!

3 comments:

  1. What fun! Sponge Bob is adorable -- ADORABLE!!! And your fancy fold card is gorgeous. Susan, I've said it before, but it bears repeating - you are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best Sponge Bob EVER!! What fun, Susan. And wow, Wow, WOW on that amazing bird creation!! What an awesome feat!

    Love your new font, too! But make it bigger for these old eyes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable Spongebob, green eyes or not, and love the star pupils : ) Wow, love your adjustment on this gorgeous card- gotta check out this template- this is gorgeous Susan!!!

    ReplyDelete