TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Wednesday, August 18, 2021

POCKET TAG

Oh my goodness these are cute cute cute.  You can whip a ton of these up just watching TV.  Now are they Tags? Or are they Embellies?  Well...I think they are both!  You can be rediculously redundant and use it as an embellie on a tag or a cute little extra on a card.  Then again tack it onto a gift and it's a tag all by it's self in a cute little pocket.  It's all up to you.  Another plus you can get 2 from a 6 x 6 inch piece of cardstock and you can use single sided stuff.  How many of us have pads of cardstock that we've picked up as a deal even though it's single sided?  How many of us have 12 x 12 sheets with prints way too big for a card that is in those pads that we keep skipping over.  Yep!  Alot of us do.  So I went through some of mine and this is what I did.  First I cut them all down to 6x6's.  Then the 6x6's that looked the prettiest are the ones I used.  The others went into a pile to be cut down into tag bases.  After all with a white back they will be perfect.

Here are the measurements:


SO I can see it's a bit hard to read from the picture so you can just use that as a visual.

You will need 1 piece 6"x6" single sided printed cardstock.  Cut that into a piece that measures 4" x 6 and then cut that piece into (2) 4" x 3" pieces. This will be for the pocket.  Each piece will make a pocket so One 6x6 will give you 2 pockets and 2 tags.  With the left over piece of printed card stock cut the (2) tags to measure 1 3/4" x 3".  Score the 4x3 pieces on the 4" side at 1" and 2 7/8" and then rotate and score on at 2 3/4" along the 3" side.  Do that to both pieces then fold and glue together.  With a 1" circle punch cut 1/2 of a circle at the top of each pocket.  For the 2 tags angle or scallop the corners and punch a hole at the top.  They should easily slip in the pocket.  Then  comes the fun.  EMBELLISH!!!!!


I used all homemade embellies.  Little envelopes with flowers, tickets, birds, stickles etc.  Just have fun.  Heck I even used some streamer pieces that were stuck to my curtain rods from my granddaughters birthday party over the weekend.  The sky's the limit!  Just have fun.

I plan on making a bunch of these and slipping them in with Happy mail when I send some.  As long as I don't add too much bulk they should go through the mail just fine.  Oh yes and the finished size of these cuties are just about 2" x 3 1/4". Give or take a wee bit.  I think they would make cute additions to Christmas tags with all the left overs I always seem to have.

Hope you enjoyed todays project.

Til next time...........................


HAPPY CARDING!

3 comments:

  1. OH these are perfect! I love the size of them and how you start with something big (while tv'ing! LOL) and make it your own - fabulous tags! You are one of the most out of the box creative gals I know! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, your tags look amazing! You're so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beyond adorable, Susan!! What a delightful add-on for a gift or card!! I love them!

    ReplyDelete