TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Tuesday, September 14, 2021

HALLOWEEN TAG TIME

 So September comes and I begin to think of Fall and Halloween.  I love die cutting out or punching out Halloween dodads and making little embellishments to use on cards or tags but sometimes I go a bit overboard and have alot of extra pieces.  So I decided this time I was going to make a few tags and then gather the extra's and put the finished tag with the extra's into Happy Mail.  This way I don't have a bunch of left overs and I'm "spreading the love"! LOL

For these first 2 tags I had found some large sticker sheets.  So I adhered the sticker to an 8.5 x 11 sheet of card stock to use as the background and then cut my tags at 2.75 x 7 in size.  So I got 4 out of 1 sheet.  I then punched and die'd a bunch of stuff out and used every single element.  Even the garbage pieces of the punchs and came up with these 2 tags.

I couldn't just throw all these pieces just loosy goosy in an envelope so I made these little pockets to slip pieces into before they go into the envelope.  I've made those pockets before.  Super easy.  I then slipped the finished tag and the tag kit as well as some extra die cuts into the pocket and shipped it out as Happy mail.

Next tag is just as cute.  Same pocket idea is used for sending.  Extra diecuts inside too. This will also be Happy Mail.   With this one I added the directions for making the pocket and included a sample mini one for them to fold themselves along with the tag kit.  

Top photo shows what was used to make the tag and the image below it is the finished tag.

During the Fall I tend to hand out mini pumpkin breads and fall type muffins to neighbors, postmen, friends etc so these tags come in hand.

These are just so much fun and I love tinkering.  It also gives me the chance to use some of those punch's I just had to have a long long time ago that I don't use often.  Such as the envelope punch, the word punch, the bat and pumpkin punch.  The only down fall is that I get so involved with the punching and gluing and doing little details that all of a sudden hours have gone by and a tag still hasn't been put together.  LOL

Hope you enjoyed these.


Til next time.....................................

HAPPY CARDING!

2 comments:

  1. Something happened to your pictures! I can't wait to see your Halloween tags! I know they will be awesome!

    ReplyDelete