TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Quick Little Tags from Valentine paper scraps

 Now that the Valentines have all been made and delivered, it was time to clean up before starting a new project.  The one thing I like to do while cleaning is make some tags from any of the usable scraps that way I don't just store a ton of scraps in the craft room.  Many times it I just box up the scraps into a basket to be used later I usually never get to them and that mountain just keeps getting bigger and bigger.  So I found that if I actually just sit and make some tags after my card project most of my scraps will be used.  Of course I also whip up a few embellies while I'm at it.  You're probably thinking "ok but what do you do with all those tags?".  You are first correct in also thinking that there is no way I could go through all the tags I make.  Well I give them away.  I pack some all occasion packs as gifts, leave some with friends and mail some out in Happy Mail.  They eventually get used and I am always looking for opportunities to spread them around.  Often I have thought of just leaving a small pack on a table at a restaurant where we would have lunch.  So now it's time to clean up after the last project I did and that was the Valentine cards.

If you remember I made quite a few for a community project here and then of course for my grandkids.  I also had a gathering with my card group where we also made Valentine cards so needless to say I had alot of scraps.  I had made alot of embellies from quite a few of these scraps and now I'll make some tags.  I decided that the tags will probably just be "girlie" type tags.  Honestly folks....how many Valentine tags does one really need? LOL  This way they can be Birthday, Thinking of you, etc.  Oh and maybe I'll use that Teacher Day stamp I bought! So that was the plan along with a couple Valentine tags.

Here's what I came up with.  Most are 2.5" x 5".  A few are 2.5" x 4"and I used heavy weight card stock from Hobby Lobby for the bases. Scraps will be from the pink double-sided papers I bought for all the cards I did for the community project and the teacher Valentines as well as some g45 paper scraps from the cards I had my group of ladies make when we had our gathering.  All the embellishments will be the ones I made with some of those scraps though I will be adding things like sequins etc where needed.  Otherwise I hope NOT to bring out ANY new supplies.  So how did I do?  I stuck to my guns and I'm pleased.  What do you think?



15 extra tags just out of scraps.  Not bad.  Oh and I was still able to make another 8 cards.  It's almost as if this paper pack will never end.  Did I ever tell you that there were 24 sheets of paper in this pack and I only used half of them?  I put the rest away for when I need pinks.


Now I'll add these to my box of finished tags and cards so I can  get ready to begin my next project. 2 Birthday cards. 

Til next time.......................................................................

1 comment:

  1. You certainly do Valentine's well, Susan - from gorgeous cards to fabulous tags made from scraps. I am in awe!

    ReplyDelete