TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Friday, March 1, 2024

A C.A.S. from Maymay

 Boy I love surfing the internet.  Ok by internet I really mean Pinterest, ok by Pinterest I sometimes mean video's  on YouTube  and by that I mean mainly by people that I follow who send me emails saying "HEY Look at the video I just sent you!"  Well I subscribe to Maymay Made It and the other day I got an email just like that.  One that totally caught my eye.  She had in the subject line that it was probably the best thing she ever did with a 12 x 12 sheet of card stock.  Well of course I had to check it out.  Well!!!  I'll be darned!  Genius!

Now I will not take any credit for her idea nor will I give any directions for how to make these.  You will have to head over to her blog to make them if you so desire butt I will tell you hers are made with simple solid black card stock.  There are no embellishments.  That is where my tweak comes in.  In Maymays video these storage sleeves were meant to store those 6x6 paper pads and the scraps you get when you use them so that you keep everything together.  I love the idea.  It just so happened that at the time I saw the video I was prepping card kits for my small ladies group get together over the weekend and thought "Oh my goodness what a cute way to hand them out!"    Usually I bag everything into cello bags tied with ribbons but I decided to do these instead. 



As you can see the grayish one has a paper pad inside as the item is meant to be used as.

I used doubled sided thicker cardstock.  Don't use too thin or it won't hold up.  I always test new folds before I use the paper I want for the project and I had found real quickly that the Packs of 12x12 #65 Recollection cardstock is way too flimsy so make sure the DSP you decide to use is thicker than that.  I do not remember what brand these papers were as I had them loose in a bin but they may have been a combo of K&Company..... DCWV......and I know g45 for the envelopes.  Speaking of envelopes.  I had decided to make the envelopes to hold a few embellies as well as be an embellie for the storage sleeve.  Clever right?  I then put together a cluster to embellish the envelope and to attach it to the storage sleeve I made a mini envelope on a clothespin.  I thought just incase the gals really wanted to use the sleeve for storage you didn't want a bulky embellishment on it so it should be removeable.


So hop on over to Maymays and check out this video.  Such a cute idea that I think your going to love.


Til next time.............................................

Maymay's video

1 comment: