TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Card night with the Ladies

Well I've had alot of stress around here lately so last week I really needed my night out with the "Ladies".  Though not all of us showed up it was a very productive evening with lots of laughs and conversation.  I'm really loving these gals!  We made a couple birthday cards and an everyday card.  I really loved the birthday card with the butterfly.  June originally made this card as a wedding card with a heart in the center and doves on the side.  Very pretty, but just as pretty tweaked into a birthday card with butterflies and flowers.

On the blueish card we used a large dragonfly stamp and did background stamping with a Kaleidoscope ink pad,  The effect was totally awesome.  I have got to get one of those pads.  We then fussy cute the dragonfly for the bottom right corner.  The candle birthday card was a cute idea too.  we rolled coordinating DSP into a tube, used the wing from the bird punch from Stampin Up  as the flame and some string for the wick.  Easy Peasy!  The butterfly card is a hanging  easel card.  I had never made one of these so it was and instructional evening as well.  We used 2 different size framelits for the archway.  The flowers hide the fold.  
  Now it's time to work on a Birthday card for my sister.  Wonder what I'll come up with?  Heehee!

Happy Carding!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment