TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Friday, March 28, 2014

Elegant Birthday

Birthdays, birthdays, birthdays......so many ideas floating around in my head but for now I had to come up with a card for my sister.  This particular sister is very critical of alot of things.  You can work hard frosting a cake and she"ll find the "1" crumb that hit the top of the frosting.  You sand a piece of wood and she"ll find the "1" little tiny dent in the wood.  So when I needed a card I had to make sure it was one that would be easy, with little on it that would get messed up.  So I opted for this white card.
I used a 5x7 card and on the first layer I just used my paper piercer and made a border all around the edges.  The next layer I placed in an embossing folder and rolled it through my big shot.  I then stamped and colored the flowers and leaves and fussy cut them out.  They were arranged on the card and then I used foam squares to layer.  Added a few pearls and the "Just for You" and DONE.  I see nothing she can find wrong (I hope).  Off in the mail it goes before I start second guessing myself.(which I tend to do)  Now to go let my creative juices run a little more at ease.  What shall I make next?  Think I need to stay true to my commitment of at least 1 Christmas card a month and get one done.  I think I missed this month.  Ohhhh...I also said I was going to do more manly cards.  Not following through is why I don't bother with New Years Resolutions!  LOL

Happy Carding!

No comments:

Post a Comment