TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Sunday, March 9, 2014

EMBOSS IDEA

A good Sunday Morning to everyone!  Up bright and early here since I have had my grandson here doing a sleepover.  Little tike gets up mighty early!  Anyway thought I'd share a card inspired by Gina K. Its an all occasions card that can be uni-sexed.  Just swap out the flowers for something manly like a fishing pole or golf club.   She uses 2 different embossing folders on 1 layer.  You first stamp a small image and text in center of the cardstock piece.  Then using 1 type of folder (choose 2 that go nicely together) line up on upper part of  the CS avoiding your image and then use the other folder for the bottom lining it up to avoid the saying.  Next using your score board, turn CS over and line up embossed areas with nearest scoreline and score.  This will create a mountain score on front of CS.  Repeat on other embossed area.  Adhere the piece to another layer, add ribbon with button and attach to card base.  Easy Peasy!  This took about 6 minutes start to finish including measuring and cutting.  This could be whipped up as a mass produced Christmas card too which could be so quick and easy.  Make base a red or green, a coordinating layer next, then white CS for embossing (using 2 winter themed folders).  Stamp a pine branch with a pine cone (or whatever else you have) add greeting, Cute Cute Cute!
Hope I didn't sound confusing.  Sometimes when I try to explain things I get wordy and repeat!  Sorry if I did.  Well I guess it's time for me to start making some breakfast around here!  The sooner that's done the sooner I can get into the craft-room while Grandpa keeps the little guy occupied!

Happy Carding

No comments:

Post a Comment