TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Monday, March 3, 2014

RETIFORM CARD

Time for a masculine type card.  Ok technically you could use it for a women too since it does have some flowers and a few butterflies though I cleverly hid them a bit.  I saw this on StampTv about 2 months ago and loved this technique.  If you get a chance check out her video, very easy to do.  First I must admit I do not own anything from Gina K.  So to do this card I ran around the scrap room looking for similar colors and stamps.  Her card was also vertical but I made mine horizontal because I wanted the ribbon to kind of hide the butterflies.  The basic colors are a asparagus green or maybe an olive green then I used Tim Holtz burlap die pad and stamped in a chocolate brown die pad.  Gina had a real nice grosgrain ribbon but all I could find was a piece of brown velvet ribbon.  Her sentiment was an oval Happy Birthday but I opted for something more generic and horizontal.  Matted it on brown card and used a cream base card.  She does not have card measurements on video but I used a 4 1/2  x 6 1/2 size.
These are the same card, just on 1 (left) I used no flash and on the other (right) I used a flash.  I love this card.   think if I was to give it to a woman I would probably put a flower on left on top of ribbon and 
use a circle for sentiment.
It's so hard to come up with guy cards so I'm dedicating some time to get a few done to have on hand.  Might even teach this technique to my ladies group.  

Happy carding!!

No comments:

Post a Comment