TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Saturday, March 15, 2014

C.A.S.E. Cards

So as I was reading some blogs today I came across a woman talking about a C.A.S.E. card.  Having absolutely no idea what that meant, I just continued reading her blog and admired her card.  It must be a day for C.A.S.E. cards because shortly afterwards I came across another blog talking about a C.A.S.E. card.  Though this one looked nothing like the previous one I saw in an earlier blog, so off I go searching the web for C.A.S.E. cards.  I have no clue what that word meant so I  googled C.A.S.E. Cards and in images you get: Graphics for display cases of alcohol, wallets (don't understand that), cell phone hidden compartments, deck of cards "cases".....hmmm.  Nope that isn't it!  The web has sites for baseball cards "cases" or credit card "cases".  Nope and Nope!  Finally went to Splitcoast stamper site and searched C.A.S.E.  Surprise there is a whole thread related to it. "Copy And Steal Everything" or "Copy And Share Everything".  Silly me for thinking every card is an original.  After reading the thread it made perfect sense to me, there can only be so many card layouts and it is the papers and the way its embellished that makes them all seem so different though with the same layout.  Well I learned something new!  I thought I knew quite a bit in the card making world but I guess not.  So without further a due.....here is my C.A.S.E. card. 
I used Old Olive for the base of the card, stamped some flowers on some watercolor paper and colored with Tombow markers.  The stripe double sided paper was just something I had in scraps.  I stamped my words with those individual letter stamps from Michaels Dollar section. ( you know...those ones with little wooden sticks and each stick has a letter?)  Not the easiest to use and of course there was no way I could get them lines up right because each one is not centered on the stick. (go figure!)  What did I expect for a dollar?  I distressed the sides with a little Distress ink by Tim Holtz and added a little "Bling" to each banner.
That's all for now so...Happy Carding!


No comments:

Post a Comment