TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Saturday, March 8, 2014

New Stampin Up Watercolor paper pack

So Stampin Ups new paper pack called watercolor is so darn pretty. (and no I'm not a demonstrator)  My ladies group made a cute card with one of the papers.  Everyone there needed a baby card except me so I changed mine to a birthday card.  We were using a stamp set from Inky Antics along with the Honeycomb paper pad to pop out a balloon on the inside.  I had never used this stuff before and it was quite easy to use. Though I don't make many cards in this type of style, they would be cute as kid cards and you use so very little of the product.  It is available at Michaels and comes in a 5x7 sheet.  There is only 1 in a pack though I was confused and when I bought the one that said rainbow pad I thought I was getting multiple sheets!  But "No" you only get 1 per pack and it retails for about $5.99.  It is in the stamp aisle.  I was told you could create your own templates to use the Honeycomb pad but I suggest you buys one of the Inky Antics stamp sets that use the Honeycomb pad.  Much easier for first timers!

 See pretty cute.  There are two stamp sets used here.  Front of card is the baby stamp set and inside plus all captions are from the birthday set.  Just so happened that June had both sets so I used both.  Aren't those polka dots adorable?

As a secondary card last night we made an update version of my Manly card.  Instead of being a 6x6, I made it a 4.5 x 6.  Easier to mail.  Then I had another one that I made as a 4.25 x 5.5 which I made a bit more girlish but with the same paper.  Everyone loved the idea of having two options and a man card was definitely the hit of the night.

Well off to work on some new ideas!  Enjoy the weekend and HAPPY CARDING!

No comments:

Post a Comment