TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Monday, September 29, 2014

Have your "Elf" a Merry Christmas!

  I'm back!!  What a totally relaxing 10 days.  I can't wait until we go back in a few weeks.  We need to close of the cabin for the season so we will be going back  mid-October.  Did I ever mention where our cabin is?  Well it's right smack in the middle of Door County Wisc and we are right on the lake!  Beautiful sunrises and sunsets along with awesome breezes.  Though sometimes I swear they are hurricane speeds!  LOL!
I of course went to my favorite stamp store "Door County Rubber Stamp and Scrapbooking" (check out their Facebook page).  I picked up a few of the new Northwoods stamps and this cutie was one of my favorites.

















We have the Elf on the Shelf so when I saw the cloths line of elf cloths I just had to have it!  The "Welcome Winter" and "Christmas is on the way" are just misc. stamps I had laying around.  Not having all my tools readily available seems to keep giving me challenges to create cards with next to nothing.  Both cards have 1 layer and that's the sentiment.  I used Recollections 110 lb white card stock.  First I stamped the image, then using my scoreboard I scored a top and bottom border of 2 lines 1/8" apart and then went over those lines with a glitter gel pen in red.  The cloths were colored with the glitter gel pens as well for instant sparkle.  I then proceeded to score lines on both cards making each different by switching the direction.  Can the left have lines 1/2" apart while diagonal is 1/4" apart.  I thought they made really cute simple cards and I'm definitely going to bring these for our group to make.

Well I made a few more cards while I was up there and I'll be posting those later after they are unpacked and I get some pictures.  All were done with my limited supplies so as you can see you don't need alot to start card making but I guarantee once you start.......your supply stash WILL GROW!!!  I really need to work on a system of carting more tools up with me on my extended stays at the cabin.  Or..............maybe I just need more tools that I can leave up there????  Hmmmmmmm.....wonder what Hubby would think!  LOL
Until next time.......

HAPPY CARDING!

No comments:

Post a Comment