TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Thursday, September 4, 2014

HALLOWEEN?????

September!!!  OMG!!  I don't think we really had a summer.  Cooler temps and alot of rain and all of a sudden it's September and Halloween is right around the corner.  Are you getting ready?  I'm trying!  Since I'm in need of at least 8 Halloween cards I decided to start now.  If I do 2 cards a week I'll be finished way before Halloween!  Ok well maybe at least 2 weeks before Halloween.
While up at my cabin over labor day weekend I stopped at my local stamp store and picked up 2 of the new 2014 Northwoods Halloween stamps.  1 being a spider web and 1 just a little wee ghost.  I C.A.S.E.D the card fronts from the display board changing them just a little bit.

little ghost stamped a few times















On the ghost card I cut a 4x4 piece of whisper white card stock and drew a 1/8" border.  I then stamped the ghost randomly and colored 3 of them with glitter gel pens.  The green border was done with a Tombow marker.  Spooky stamp was an old unmarked stamp I had in my stash.  The card base was a typical 4.25 x 11 scored at 5.5 with a layer of 4  1/8  x  5 3/8 of orange cardstock.  Bats are from an EK border punch.

On the spider web card I colored the web with glitter gel pens (love this!!! Tried tombow markers but preferred the look of the gel pens) It was stamped on a 3  7/8 x 4 whisper white card stock and matted onto a 4 x 4 1/8 piece of black glitter stock.  This was then layered onto a 4 1/8 x 5 3/8 piece of purple card stock.  A separate ghost was cut out and dimensionaled as well as a bat from the border punch.  A small spider web was punched from another EK punch.  Both the bat and small web were embossed with clear emboss powder to give them shine.  The Boo stamp was also and old unmarked stamp in my stash.

I think both of them turned out adorable and I'm making the kits for our stamping gathering tomorrow.  I think the ladies are going to like these but probably not as much as the little 2 year olds I'll be giving them to!  

Time to get the wheels turning....next week is coming and I want to bring you 2 more Halloween ideas!!


HAPPY CARDING!

No comments:

Post a Comment