TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Thursday, June 14, 2018

Tags R Great

Tags Tags Tags...my newest passion.  I have decided that our ladies group will be making a series of Tags.  All kinds of tags.  There will be Christmas, Birthday, Just because, just to name a few.  Alot of people don't send cards but they do give gifts and what could be better than a handmade gift tag to go with that gift?  So with out further ado lets get started.

Set 1 is Christmas.
TAG #1 and #3 Were made using the Pinwheel Punch Board by We r Memory Keepers.  They are both 3" x 6" Cream cardstock was used for the base on #1 and the DSP is by Graphic 45 Raining Cats and Dogs.  The Christmas Memories sentiment id a rubber stamp by Door County Rubber stamps.  Tag #3 was also made with the Pinwheel punch board.  This time it was kept super simple by just running it through a snowflake embossing folder and then having some silver ink swiped over the top.  The large snowflake was a Martha Stewart Punch and the smaller punches were punched from an old EKSucess punch.  The little red bow was a Tim Holtz punch.
The middle tag was made using the new Tag punchboard by WRMK.  Love this little guy.  The tag is also a 3"x6" black base and DSP was also G45.  The deer head and the sentiment was a stamp and die set that came with the craft magazine Papercrafts from the UK.  That flimsy doily under the deer is a piece of die release paper I had used with the doily on tag#1.  I saw no reason why I couldn't use it too.  I've done this in many of my cards when I use wax paper.  Then I saw this release paper that was printed and just had to have it and give it a try.  The paper really helps on intricate dies.
So those are the first 3 tags.  I'll be working on the next set and I can't wait to share those with you too.
Until then............................

HAPPY CARDING

3 comments:

  1. I'm with you, Susan! Why hide a card in an envelope when putting a tag on a package makes it look so beautiful and festive for all to see? These tags are awesome!! What a fabulous day you girls must have had!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for Christmas! I say you're the boss, make tags and everyone wins! These are just super, so detailed! I like how much texture they have (sure beats the $1 store sticker version I slap on a present, ROFL!) How fun for you and the girls - can't wait to see the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how nice- I am with you- Tags are awesome to put on a gift. Dress up that box. Great designs- your card club will be having a great time making these creative tags : )

    ReplyDelete