TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Monday, March 11, 2019

Birthday embossing folder re-think

Don't you just love a deal?  I know I do.  So how can I pass up inexpensive embossing folders dies and stamps?  I was on Amazon and found these square embossing folders at a super price.  They were 6x6 which I don't normally like since I don't make 6x6 cards but I loved the look of the folders and you could order the banner die to go with it also at a reasonable price as well as the stamps to fit in the banner.  All of these came from somewhere in China so I knew the wait would take a while.  In fact I ordered these before Christmas and just got them 2 weeks ago.  When they arrived I was thrilled but too busy with personal issues to use them.  Here's what I got.

Cute right?  So I decided to fuss with the size so that I could use the folders on 5x7 cards.  Pretty simple...just cut the pieces apart.  This is what I came up with.

I lightly colored the flowers and leaves using a friends lightest Copics.
Now for the funny part............As I said these were really cheap and they came from China and I did not even notice until I was ready to stamp something on the banner.  If you look at the stamps closely you will noticed some spelling errors.  Yep some of these I can't even use due to the errors.  lol


On the third line it reads "Something get better with age"  Should be "Somethings"
One the next line near the end it says "on Your Specil day"  Instead of Special.
Next line Says "Specil Wishes"  again instead of "Special Wishes".

Guess you get what you pay for.  LOL  This does not mean that I will not purchase inexpensive stuff again..because I will.  I still love a bargain.

Til next time
HAPPY CARDING!!!

2 comments:

  1. I love what you have created here, Susan!! So many possibilities to mix and match these into hundreds of designs!! Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow- love that gorgeous card! Your soft coloring is awesome, and love your idea to cut the design to make it into a larger design! Great deals from China and that Chenglish is too funny!

    ReplyDelete