TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Sunday, August 25, 2019

Loaded Halloween Pocket

Oh my goodness where did the months of July and August go?  Summer has been so busy for us that I have barely had time to craft.  I mean I was able to get some crafting done with the grandkids and some Tye Dyeing with my sister but papercrafting????  Well that ha taken a back seat.  I should also add that we have been revamping our summer cabin too so I have been decorating...kinda if you call replacing floors and carpet and painting walls decorating lol.

A while ago I was making loaded pockets and I absolutely love making these.  I have randomly passed out the small ones to either a very kind waitress, or the mail lady etc.  I have been facebook friends with one woman who just happens to live up where my summer place is.  We have never really met in person but this last time I was up there she suggested we meet up in October and finally craft together.  I wanted to give her a small token and decided a Halloween themed loaded pocket would be super cute.  The main pocket is made with 1 12x12 sheet of Graphic 45 Halloween in Wonderland.  I think this line was discontinued but I'm not sure.  Anyway here's the pocket empty.
Isn't that a cute little piece of candy corn?  Easy peasy to make it too.  Just get your 3 colors cut 3 circles One that is 2" diameter, a 2 3/4 diameter and a 3 1/4 diameter.  Stack them together and glue .  Then cut the stacked circle in half and continue cutting the halves like pie pieces.  You should be able to get 8 pieces.  So so cute.  Anyway............I then made a bunch of tags, a few pokes, some little embellies and then bagged a few die cuts and ribbons.
I'm hoping she's going to really like these.  I am so proud of myself...I used only scraps!  Yep didn't have to buy a thing.  The only full sheet of paper I used was to construct the main pocket.  To be honest I didn't even know that I had so much Halloween stuff. Ok time to stuff the pockets......................................

TA DA!!!!!!
 I think I'm going to make a few more of those mini pockets with the other Halloween paper I have and stuff it with packets of apple cider.  So stay tune those may be coming up soon.

Til next time.................................
HAPPY CARDING

4 comments:

  1. How awesome is this!!! I so love this stuffed full of fun tags and Halloween treats!!! One of these days, we have to meet and craft, or do coffee/tea and yack!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, your pocket is gorgeous! And look at all the goodies you stuffed in it. Very very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your amazing creations put me to shame, Susan!! What a sensational Halloween treat for your crafty friends!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan, how fun is this! Look at that shirt! It looks like one my husband would wear in real life, LOL! LOVE your creativity! you are the AMA with the most!!

    ReplyDelete