TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Friday, September 20, 2019

TOILET PAPER ROLL PUMPKINS

Happy Fall Y'all!  Well ok almost lol but I sure have Fall in my mind.  Here up at the cabin our temps are much cooler than down home.  The leaves are just starting to turn and all the different Fall Fests are lined up to begin.  Starting tomorrow is Harvest Fest and then every weekend after that it's fest after fest after fest!  I love love love fall.  Crafting for fall is so much fun too and I decided to start with adorable toilet paper pumpkins and small fabric stuffed pumpkins.
Adorable right?  There are a ton of tutorials on line for both so I won't go into major detail but briefly here's what I did.  
For the toilet paper one I found the easiest and cheapest way to go is with toilet paper from the Dollar Tree.  You can get 4 pumpkins for a buck!  Great deal!  So take a roll and squish it from the top down.  The tube is real thin in these rolls making it easy to squish.   This helps it not look too much like a roll of toilet paper.  Then place the roll in the center of a 16x16 inch square of material.  I picked up 9 yards at a flea market for like $3.  Yep I'm thrifty.  Then start stuffing the corners into the center, adjust it a bit and then grab a stick from the yard for the stem.  If you want to use the toilet paper after fall then just stick the stick in the center or if intentions are to store it till next year (like me) add a bit of hot glue to center before adding stick.  Dollar Tree also has packages of fall leaves so I placed some around my stick and added a jute bow.  Super cute.  I want to see if I can find large enough napkins to try this project again.  This would look so cute on the toilet tank for a fall decoration don't you think? 

For the smaller one I cut a circle (I used a charger plate for a template) sewed a running stitch around the edges then pulled thread tight.  Before tieing it off I stuffed it with polyfil.  Then I took jute and wrapped the outside to create pumpkin sections.  Again got a stick for the center, added leaves and a jute bow.  

These are going to be projects for my crafting weekend with friends next week but I'll try it first with my non crafty sister tomorrow.  If she can do it anyone can.  Lol   I'm also going to do this with my niece in 2 weeks.  She wanted to spend some quality time with me (so sweet) and this would be a great project to do while sipping a little wine and chit chatting.  Maybe I'll have found napkins by then for her.  Hmmmm😁

Hope you enjoyed this project and I'll post more pictures when I get them of how the others turned out.

Til next time
HAPPY CARDING 

3 comments:

  1. You are right, Susan!!! These are adorable!! I can feel the cool breezes of autumn just looking at these delightful pumpkins!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so love these fun projects! How fun and festive!!! I think they will be so adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete