TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Saturday, September 21, 2019

Lollypop Scarecrows

So I'm pretty sure many of you have seen Maymay Made It you tube videos.  I just love that girl and her ideas are fabulous. So about 2 weeks ago ( I  need to find the link) she had these adorable Scarecrows she made to put over lollipops.  They don't require a lot of supplies either.   Here's the first one I made for my sample.
You need a piece of paper 1 3/4" x 6" scored at 3" any solid fall color
2 pieces 3/4" x 1 3/4" dark gold for straw hair
1.  2 1/4" scallop circle double sided falling pattern for a hat.
1.   1 3/4" circle in a cream color
1.    1/2" scallop circle can be gold to be turned into a sunflower for hat
Black stickles, thin black marker, Orange color pencil
Maymays  Pun kin head stamp set ( or you could draw your own faces)
Lollipops any flat kind will work.
Twine

You can watch Maymays video HERE  You'll want to watch for details as I will just be giving you basics.

Fold the long solid piece in half on score line.  Using either a ticket 
punch or a large hole punch clip each corner.
Any corner clip would do actually.  Use what you have as they will still turn out cute.
On the cream circle draw or stamp the face.  With large scallop isolate 3 scalloped and cut doen about 1/2" on either side.  Then 2 scallops away from cut you will remove those 2 by cutting to 1st cut line forming a hat top shape.  Best to see video.  Then roll the brim up and glue.  On 2 small dark gold pieces fringe the long side on both pieces. Attach both across bottom of the hat brims back side with glue.  When set attach with glue to the face.
As pieces dry you can make the loopy bow from the twine.  The sun flower can also be made by cutting to center between 2 scallops and gluing 1 scallop to the one next to it.  A dot of black stickles  was used for center.  But a sequin or tiny button can also be used or maybe even seed beads if you have those.  Glue flower to side of hat and bow to bottom side of face.  When all is dry, glue face to folded cardstock piece.  Place a sucker inside and glue bottom shut.
Here's some variations I have done.  First I made score lines in both directions to give body more texture.  The one on the right I used a crimper for.  Detail lines wth fine tip marker added to face, hat and flower.  I also punched a small hole in middle of the fold on the body so my suckers slide in from the bottom and I glue the top closed instead.
Have fun...they are so cute.  To speed up time you could use hot glue but I didn't want to mess with the glue spider webs lol.
Til next time
HAPPY CARDING

4 comments:

  1. Looks like another coffee cup I need!! Your lollipop scarecrows are absolutely the bees knees!! So it certainly looks like you put that rainy time to good use!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness... these are adorable! Perfect idea and so cute, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahahaah, that coffee mug though! You're a HOOT!! These are perfection - and really bring in the feel of fall! Love these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! How absolutely adorable!!! And, for some reason, when I looked at that coffee mug, I thought of Kelly!

    ReplyDelete