TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Tuesday, July 14, 2020

New Christmas Tags

Hello....it's July and you know what that means........Christmas in July!! I actually could and do enjoy Christmas every month.  It is my favorite Holiday for paper crafting!  So it is no surprise that I'm doing Christmas today.   I have had a very chaotic few months and squeezing in some fun crafting has been difficult but today I had some alone time and decided to grab a few sheets of paper and do a couple tags.  Ok Twelve actually.  9 large and 3 small from the scraps.  You know my love of scraps.
 I saw a You Tube video from Polly Paper Studios where she whipped up these adorable tags.  I did not have the same papers nor did I have the same stickers.  She did say that her local Hobby Lobby was just putting out the new 2020 Christmas stuff in the paper crafting department.  Oh my, I can't believe it's that time already.   If I wasn't such a chicken I'd run out to the store and see what they have put out but #1 I hate wearing a mask though I know it is for safty and required in my state and #2 I'm just not ready to be that close to people yet.  I'm in the 65+ age group and our family does have some medical issues so I don't want to take any chances yet.  But who am I fooling....of course I have stuff right here that would probably work.  So for the larger tags I used 110# white stock for the base.
I had 2 different wood look papers that I used for layers and I used scraps to put behind the window I created with the postage stamp die.  Then I layered and added embellies.
With the scraps I was able to get 3 more smaller tags.  I think these measured 3x4.
I really love the paper and the stickers Polly uses and for sure I'll be keeping my eyes out for those Hot Cocoa cups.  Hmmmm I could make my own if I had a coffee cup mug die.  LOL hope I have the strength to stay off the internet.  
If you get a chance go to you tube and check out Pollys video.  Her tags are adorable.  You can watch HERE.


UPDATE:  Ok I couldn't resist.  Went on Amazon and found the cutest mug dies.  Mugs are only about 1.75 x 2  perfect for tags.  Yep I'm going to be making embellies as soon as they come.  Are you interested???  Here's the link.
Mug Die
I know...I know...I'm such an enabler...giggle giggle.

HAPPY CARDING!

2 comments:

  1. Susan, these wood-grained tags are gorgeous... and yes, I'm looking forward to seeing what you make with the mug die.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I doubt if you need to go to the store for the next 10 years with your amazing collection, Susan!! These tags are fabulous. Won't they look sensational on your Christmas packages!!

    ReplyDelete