TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Tuesday, October 6, 2020

FALL CRAFT BOXES

 Happy Fall!!  My favorite time of year and I just love doing Fall crafts.  Unfortunately Corona is still here and we are all still social distancing so it's time for a craft box for the grandkids and grandnieces/nephews.  A while ago I had put together boxs for the kids with various art supplies. They had a ton of fun and it took there minds off of being stuck at home.  Now months later these same kids are still stuck at home and now even have to homeschool due to the virus not being under control.  So many fall plans have been cancelled so to ease the boredom I decided it was time for another box.  This time all fall related.

I made little packets for each child with each craft in a separate bag.  I also typed out instructions with pictures so their parents know how to put them together.  First up..............A scarecrow, Tree of Thanks, and a Brillo pumpkin.

Brillo pumpkin super easy.  You get a pack of the copper pads that come in a 4 pack from the Dollar Tree.  Grab a stick from outside and glue into the middle where there is a hole.  Glue on googlie eyes and a scrap piece of orange cardstock for the nose and black for a mouth.  I used a silk leaf glued to the stick and a black glitter ribbon to decorate.

Scarecrow was just popsicle sticks glued together.  Paint them with whatever paint you have, add googlie eyes, a rhinestone nose and draw on the mouth.  The patchs are just cardstock.

Tree of Thanks.....Trace the childs hand on brown cardstock and cut out.  Cut a lighter piece for the trunk and glue together.  Paper punch various color leaves and on some of them write what you are thankful for.  Glue all the leaves on the hand and add the little Tree of Thanks Plaque.

I then asked hubby to cut me out a few ghost for the kids to paint and he came up with an adorable Ghost.

He mounted the ghost to a dowel rod and made a little wooden stand for the dowel to set in.  It was then up to me to decorate it and add the makings and instruction into the box for the kids. I glued on some colored moss from Hobby Lobby, added a couple pumpkins and pinecones and tied a bow on the stick.  I think it is so cute and placed my sample right on the mantle.  Can't wait for the kids to get their boxes.  I think delivery will be this week.

Well that's all for now so til next time.......................

HAPPY CARDING

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness... the kids are going to love their boxes of goodies! These are such fun projects! Cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay - first, when can I come over and play at your house? SUSAN! These are just so much fun and I can just see the kids enjoying these after your porch sittin! LOVE LOVE LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know these kids love getting your crafty boxes filled with fun and adventures! What awesome projects, Susan!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are such a cool crafty Grandma! Bet the kids adore getting these boxwes and playing and creating with them!!! Really love your creative bags and LOVE the pumpkins!!!

    ReplyDelete