TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Friday, November 6, 2020

Simple Blue Christmas

Well this year I am so far behind on doing my Christmas cards.  Usually I decide over the summer what I want to do and then while relaxing at the lake I do all my cutting and gluing embellies together (I like to make alot of my own).  But this year.......well 2020 happened. Medical issues kept us away from the lake as well as people and stores and I got absolutely NOTHING done.  Fast forward to now.  First I had decided what I was going to do.  Originally I thought I was going to make teepee cards but after finally finding a size I liked, I realized I would have also had to make all the envelopes.  Nope no time for that so I went through my stash for inspiration.  Found an older Crafters Companion edge die and decided to play with that.  I then went on line to Michaels and ordered a pack of silver shimmer cardstock.  I had decided the main theme would be snowflakes so I searched Amazon for snowflake paper and found a Martha Stewart pad seen HERE .  Perfect.  So here's what I came up with a simple fancy fold for Christmas.


The lighting does not do it justice but it really is pretty in real sight.  Well now off to make a bunch more.  Good thing I don't send out many.  Every year my list seems to get smaller and smaller.

Til next time......................................


HAPPY CARDING!

8 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful, Susan!! Another fancy fold masterpiece from your talented hands.

    Like you, I am way behind in my Christmas card making. I have decided on a very simple embossed card this year with very little embellishment. Hoping to whip out 50 in a day. Yes, they are that simple!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow 50 in a day? I need that idea! lol

      Delete
    2. Ended up whipping out 20 so you are getting something else!! Yours is better, I think!

      Delete
  2. Susan, this is so elegant and beautiful! I love the lacy fun fold. Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How very beautiful! Loving your star and the beautiful die cut lacy edging as well. Looking forward to 2020 to be over : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Shelly...2020 needs to be over. Though I think there will not be normal until a vaccine is found.

      Delete