TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Monday, December 7, 2020

No Card Post

 So Christmas is just around the corner and I wanted to get together a craft box for the nieces and nephews like I did for the fall.  But why do the same right?  So I changed it up just a wee bit and made it into a Christmas Craft Bag from Aunt Santa Sue.   I ordered some material on line and made little draw string bags that measured about 16" wide by 20" tall when completed and filled them with various craft items.  I did include some other activities too that I usually include in my grandkids Christmas box.  Here's a picture of 2 of the 4 bags after they were filled...


Pretty cute and home made tags too.  Inside they have a calendar with some fun activities to do like bake cookies, make a snowman, take a walk and look at neighborhood Christmas lights, have a movie night, make a neighbor a card (supplies provided) etc.  Here are some of the crafts.



All supplies were put into the bag so they didn't have to search for anything.  Thay LOVED it just as much as I loved putting it together.


Now as for my own Grandkids, I had started the tradition of a Christmas box that the kids recieve on the eve of November 30th evry year.  It has a calendar with daily activities counting down to Christmas starting with writing your letter to Santa.  Certian things in the box are wrapped so its a surprise.  Example one of the days states its a good night for a movie so open gift #4 and it would be a new Christmas movie they haven't seen yet.  Usually an oldie but goodie lol.  There's a new Christmas book wrapped up for the day that states read a book before bed open gift #5.  I'm so excited about this years book.  I got the Jimmy Fallon book 5 More Sleeps til Christmas.  Here's their box nearly finished being filled this year.  


I re-use the same box every year.  My son returns it to me at the end of the holidays. 


Well That's it for now.  I'm definately more into a crafting mood than cardmaking mood right now so I'm not sure what my next post will be so...........................


Til next time

HAPPY WHATEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




















2 comments:

  1. Susan, the nieces/nephews will have so much fun. Fabulous crafting goodies. You must surely be their favorite aunt! Ad then that amazing Christmas box for the grandkids. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Auntie Susan, you are the BEST! What delight to be found in your awesome Christmas bags and boxes. I know that the kids are enjoying these this year more than ever!!

    ReplyDelete