TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Thursday, July 15, 2021

Kewpie Christmas Card

Time to get started on my Christmas Cards and I I stated before I wanted to use that fancy fold I used in my previous post.  This time I dug into the couple of sheets of Christmas Magic that I had from Graphic 45 and used the Kewpie Sheet.  Do any of you remember having a Kewpie doll?  No?  Not really?  Hmmmm guess I'm showing my age again.  LOL  Anyway I hope when you saw my previous post that you zoomed over to Crafty Al's and watched her video.  

I started by cutting out pieces for 5 cards.  Alot of people will take the same pattern and solid paper for this technique and make Crafty Al's Sheetload of cards all the same just as she did.  I believe with her directions and supplies it is for 24 identical cards.  Personally I get too bored with the same exact look so I stop at 5 and even then I change it up just a tad..  Anyway here's all paper cut and ready to go.


This particular sheet of 12 x 12  G45 has a certain pattern to it so the cards can be changed up a couple of ways.  Oh and you could always reverse the design since it is two sided for another look.  In fact I think I will make a card number 6 with the images reversed just so you get the idea.  Here's a look at both the front and back of 1 sheet of this G45 paper.

Now just glue away!  I decided to just use a glue stick since the red and gold papers I was using were by Recollection and only 65lbs.  When using liquid glue on such thin papers they tend to warp or sometimes you can see the glue lines.  I love my tape runners but tend to use those for some of my fancier cards.  I have (in my opinion) mastered the glue stick to my liking.  I usually use Scotch brand sticks and always rub down my layers with a bone folder.  I have not had any lifting and they do seem to hold well.  But this is ONLY MY opinion.  Many hate the stick and have troubles and I have had my fair share and sometimes still do.  But for now it's working well.
The only other thing I needed for this batch of cards was some ribbon, a hole punch and stickles.  I opted for gold raffia ribbon and used crystal stickles here and there on the fronts of the card.  That is it.  Done.  Five completed Christmas cards in about 20 miniutes!  Not bad.  The sixth card might need a little something else on the front.  I'm not sure what I want to do with that one but the main idea was to show you how it would look if you revere the pattern paper.

All in all they didn't turn out bad.  As you can see I still changed up the first batched by changing the corners of some of them. You can have alot of fun with this fold.  In fact I believe Crafty Al even used embossing folders.  So cute and they are fast!

Til next time........................................................................
HAPPY CARDING!

3 comments:

  1. Susan, these are just enchanting! WHat a gorgeous cupid and it's nestled perfectly into your patterned paper. I love the size of these! Bravisimo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, you're on a roll... these are a great start to your Christmas cards! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are darling, Susan!! Love these delightful kewpies!!

    ReplyDelete