TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Sunday, July 25, 2021

CHRISTMAS CORNER CARD

 Its still July right?  So I can still post a Christmas in July card.  Fancy folds are my thing and so is easy.  So nothing can be easier than this card.  I again saw it on Pinterest first followed the link and saw that it was featured on Splitcoast Stampter way back in 2015.  A video can be seen here ​(427) Decorative Corner Card - YouTube but really this is so easy you can probably just figure it out.  1 sheet of 8.5 x 11 can give you 2 card bases.  Though you will need some scrap of the same base color for (2) 1" circles also.  I have to admit if you follow the video your card will be a bit smaller.  Just a tad.  I don't think they utilize the paper quite right.  So with my way cut a 11 x 8.5 sheet of solid cardstock in half so you have 2 pieces 5.5" x 8.5"  Then on the long side score at 2", 4", 6", and 8".  I would glue your layers on before you glue the tube together.  So you would need (4) pieces 1.75" x 5.25" solid cardstock and then (4) 1.5" x 5" DSP. You also need 2 1" circles scored down the middle. Personally I prefer an 1/8" border over a 1/4" border.  If you want that instead then you would need (4) 1 7/8" x 5 3/8" solid card and then (4) 1.75" x 5.25" DSP.   

Glue the DSP to the solid layer and then glue that to the card base.  When all 4 sections have been layered run a bead of glue down the 1/2" strip of the base and attach to the other side to make a tube.  Flatten card with just glued seam down.  That will be the back.  Along the front seam glue 1/2 side of a circle to each side of the seam.  


First Pic shows card formed in tube. 2nd pic gluing folded circles on seam.  3rd pic side view. 4th pic side view of front embellishment glued to other half of circles.  5th pic opened front of card.

Glue the Front embellie to the other half of the circles.  This gives it the pop out when you shape the card back into a tube.  Basically thats it.  Embellish as you wish.  This fits in a standard envelope and lays flat yet stands freely when opened.

Cute idea.  The video definitely helps you understand the mechanics of the whole thing so I do suggest you head over there and check it out.  But like I said they added an extra step and piece to the base which I just sort of simplified and my measurements are just a tad bigger.  I'm all for finding easier ways of doing things.  For this card all I added was a bit of stickles.                                             

                                
Til next time...................................                      

Happy Carding!

3 comments:

  1. Well look at this - another fun fold card! WOW! I would never ever think of a fold like that and it looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I WILL be trying this, Susan! It looks awesome!! Thanks for showing us how it is done!! Your holiday card is delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. L-O-V-E this card! How very fun! Love the images you used as well.

    ReplyDelete