TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Monday, November 8, 2021

Tags As A Lesson

Oh my goodness I can't believe that it has been a month since my last post.  I have been so busy lately and yet I'm not really sure what I've been busy doing lol.  Oh yes now I remember.  I started a little cooking class for my grandson who had decided he wanted to take cooking classes.  Unfortunitly his mom was unable to find anything in our area that was geared to kids 10 and under.  So being me, I stepped in and offered up my services if he was ok with learning from Ama (we are known as Ama and Apa instead of grandma and grandpa).  We he loved the idea and it is right after school and only him.  His siblings are left at home with the other grandma and this is just he and I.  So yes, I've been busy.

Then my eldest granddaughter in the eighth grade has the opportunity to go to Washington with her class.  The school dist. holds fundraisers during the 6th and 7th grades for when they get to 8th grade the funds are available for the students to go.  Well it just so happens 1/2 of 6th grand and all of 7th grade for her were done remotely due to Covid so no fundraisers were done.  Students were still offered the trip but now they have to come up with the full $1400.  Well she came to us and asked if we could pay for the trip and although we could I wanted to teach her that things don't just fall into peoples laps.  You have to work for things you want.  So we came up with our own fundraiser.  She was to make little red crates with Christmas tags and sell them for a donation of $20 or more.  Well her plan sky rocketed! She sold out!  I am so proud of her.  She was able to cover about 1/2 of the trip.  She also had to put in alot of time cutting, gluing, embellishing and painting but it was all worth it.  She did a great job and I hope she proud that she worked for this trip that she will surly be making a ton of memories on.  Here's what she had been creating at my house this last month.



No 2 crates contained the same tags.  Every single one was different.   She loved the fact that she could make her own grommets to match each tag though she thought the word grommet was dumb lol.


Well til next time............................................

HAPPY CARDING!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. What a joy to see these crates of tags. Way to go to the creating gals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome project and an awesome Oma you are, Susan!!

    ReplyDelete