TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Monday, February 7, 2022

FANCY FOLD VALENTINE

 So decided to try another fun card.  I saw this on on Facebook in the Lets Make Cards group.  The lady who shared it said she found in on the internet but there were no directions or measurements, and it was in another language.  So she fiddled around and figured out how to make the base for a       4 1/4" x   5 1/2" card.  She shared those measurements in her group of photos which was so very kind of her.  Making the base was a breeze following her measurements.  Now the layering was a totally different story for me.  Apparently I am not very good at adjusting measurements for layers.  Ok that's an understatement!  I TOTALLY stink at adjusting.  I was so excited once the base was done and it folded correctly and even stood up unsupported!  Yay for me!  So I figured I would follow the same base but 1/4" smaller and instead of scoring the lines I would cut them.  Sounded right to me.  WRONG!!!  Now a smart person would have tried all this with copy paper but Noooo....I used my designer paper.  Then tried to trim it, messed it up got another sheet.... tried again.... messed it up... got another sheet... almost got it... got another sheet...fine! This is going to have to do.  Ughhhhh.      Ok I think I will only be making 1 of these cards until I see some brilliant person on Pinterest who has a tutorial with exact measurements for the layers making it super duper easy so I don't have to try and think.  I don't think my brain knows how to think anymore lol.  So anyway, here's my card.  Sorry no directions because it would be a huge cluster mess.  Although if you would like the measurements for the base, I can do that.  LOL




And now here's the base.


Now if any of you figure out the measurements for the layers to make this card any easier I'd be thrilled with your imput. 


Til next time............................

HAPPY CARDING!   

2 comments:

  1. Susan, you amaze me with the fun folds. I've never even seen this fold before and look at you... creating a masterpiece. Looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a remarkable and creative fold, Susan. Perfect for this special Valentine!! And for sending hugs and kisses to those you love!!

    ReplyDelete