TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Friday, February 4, 2022

Valentines! YAY

 Hi...it has been along time.  I know!  No excuses because none would seem genuine enough no matter how truthful except that I just didn't feel like it.  How's that for the truth?  But boy have there been some amazing stuff out there in "Internetland".  Thats a place you know lol.  Well first I was inspired to do a few Valentine cards from a group called Lets Make Cards on Facebook.  I've belonged to this group for quite awhile and the people on there post some amazing cards.  I don't post many of mine but I do leave comments to the amazing ones I see.  One recently was made by a woman named Darlene Felicotto (in case your part of the group and want to see hers) she had an older Stampin Up pad she wanted to use up and created this beautiful card.  Now hers was a regular 4.25 x 5.5 and I decided to turn mine into a Slimline which is my new obsession lately. The card is a mini slimline and measures 3.5 x 6.25.  I used an old Martha Stewart doily punch under the hearts and the word Love was an old Sizzix thinletes die (those flat red things) or are those sizzlets?  The hearts are from a fiskars scallop punch I had.  Love using old tools and punches.  They are a favorite go to.


Second inspiration came from some friends of mine.  They do this virtual stamp camp (I do not lol) and they did a fancy fold card that I thought was just so darn cute.  Here's a link to the blog of the woman who provided the card instructions.  The other ladies who participated and shared their cards are linked in her blog.  Check them out as they all made totally different looking cards.  Great ideas.

The World According to Bijou: January Mini Stamp Camp - Day 4

I decided to make mine for my granddaughter for Valentines day and she loves animals so this is how mine came out.

This lays totally flat for mailing and the flat size is a 5x7.  I really like the way this turned out and I think I'm going to make another for my nephew and change it up a bit for an upcoming birthday too.  I love how different you can make one card design look and fancy folds are always a hit.  A big thanks to my friend for providing the link to the instructions so I could make one of these awesome cards.  Like I said check out her blog for instructions and be able to see a few more amazing ideas for doing this card design as she has the other (four I think) participants links on her  post that will take you to their creations.  So worth it.


The next one is one I saw on Splitcoaststamper.  Its called a Triple Fold Card and was posted in November of 2020.  Super quick to make and super versatile.

I sure hope you liked my "Pushed through" Valentines.  I still have more to make and less than a week to do so if I intend to get them in the mail.  LOL


Til next time...........................................

HAPPY CARDING!


2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!!! You're back to blogging! I'm so glad! And what a great return with so many awesome cards, including one made with Darlene's Stamp Camp tutorial. FUN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, look what I have been missing, Susan!! Your beautiful Valentine creations!! Each one an awesome beauty!!

    ReplyDelete