TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Saturday, February 26, 2022

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FANCY FOLD REPEAT

A couple posts ago in the Valentines I shared with you a fancy fold that I copied from a group who recently held a little virtual Stamp Camp.  I absolutely loved this fold.  Darlene never did mention if this card had a name so I do not know what to call it but I wanted to give it some sort of name so I spent a few days searching Pinterest looking for a similar card.  I have not had any luck so I commented to Darlene in hopes she will get back to me with a name.  Until then I guess I'll just call it a side Pop Out card.  Again here is the link to her card.

The World According to Bijou

This time I needed a birthday card for my grand nephew.  As usual I waited until the last minute.  It won't be going in the mail but my son will be picking it up today and dropping it off at my nephews house where they are having a Birthday party for his son.  With today being super chilly here in the Northwest I am loving the springy colors of this fun card.


Since I was rushed (as usual, I think it's my M.O.  LOL) it is hard to see that I had used the Mother Goose collection from G45 as my designer paper.  The sides of the pop out part are the reverse of the stripes which is Humpty Dumpty.  I had a scrap of this yellow and white zig zag paper from an old Recollection paper pack that I used for the balloon which I popped up 4 times.  I also used the same zig zag paper for the words Happy Birthday to tie it all together.  When flat the card measures 5" x 7".  I really love this card and can see me using this style over and over again.

Well that's it for now.  Til next time.....................

HAPPY CARDING! 

2 comments:

  1. Susan, no matter what you call this fun fold, I call your card Creative and Fun! Your nephew will surely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous masculine design, Susan!! Another awesome fold!!

    ReplyDelete