TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Monday, April 11, 2022

Just Hello to a Friend

April has started out rough in over here.  I have had a ton of cards to make with very little time to do so due to the deaths of 2 distant friends, a sister requiring surgery and another friend has been diagnosed with dementia.  She is much too young.  We were High School friends, attended each others weddings, enjoyed Saturday night beer and pizza while our littles played.  Then life got complicated.  Phone calls got less and less and soon I found out she was moving to Arizona.  Facebook came around and we reconnected via messages but not the same as it use to be.  Slowly those became less and less.  Then last week it was her Birthday.  I wish her a Happy Birthday every year but for the past few years she has never replied.  This year her daughter did to tell me that she has been placed in a facility since being diagnosed 4 years ago and she has not been on Facebook since she no longer comprehends it.  I was heartbroken.  I am not sure if she will remember who I am but I am going to send her this card to let her know that she is very dear in my heart.  The papers I used are a combination of G45 and Authentique which I think work quite well together.  I made the butterflies and flowers from the scraps so everything matched. 

I might have made a mistake making a double pocket gate fold card for someone with dementia but what the heck.  I just wanted to keep using this paper so I just kept adding and came up with the pockets.  Kind of a cute idea.  I like the tag addition also.  Can't wait to make another one of these.  I think I might make a Get Well Soon card for my Sissy using this style.  Pretty sure she'd love it.

Well that's it for now..................Got a ton to do.  Goodness me Easter is in less than a week and I am not ready!

HAPPY CARDING!!!!!


2 comments:

  1. Susan, your blog post is so touching. I hurt for you as you deal with so many losses. You are in my prayers! The lovely card you made for your friend with dementia will certainly be a joy to receive. It is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card for your dear friend! I love those beautiful papers and that remarkable poem. I know she will feel loved when she receives this amazing card, Susan!

    ReplyDelete