TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Sunday, April 24, 2022

Mothers Day Envelope Box Card

 Oh my goodness time is really flying!  One minute I'm working on Birthday cards and then it's Easter and now Mothers Day is right around the corner.  I did get all my Birthday cards done and in the mail except for my sisters. YIKES!  She is not a happy camper so I promised her a just because card.  Sounds kind of funny now that I say it out loud.  "Just Because."  "Just Because I Forgot!"   "Just Because I Don't Want You Mad."    "Just Because I Needed To Send Someone This Card When It Was Done."  Hmmmm Wonder which sentiment I should use?  Knowing my "Snarky" self probably the last one and I'll give it to her after we have had a few glasses of her favorite wine on the deck and then we'll laugh and laugh and laugh.  Yep we are "Those kind of Sisters"! LOL

Ok back to the card.  I follow Sam on Mixed Up Crafts and she has some pretty cute ideas.  One my group of ladies and I decided to do and it was the Envelope Box card.  Originally I was going to have it as a birthday card but..........well you know how that goes.  You start creating and all of a sudden your like "Nope" definitely going to use this as a Mothers Day Post.  But.........................My mother is not longer with us nor is my mother in law.  Both have been gone a very long time.  But many of you still have your mothers and she would love this Bouquet that will never wilt.  You can find the full tutorial on Sam's YouTube channel HERE  She makes it so easy to follow.  Sam did mention in her video about using paper flowers in a thinner envelope box while she was first trying to get measurements correct and I thought that was a great idea and I may have to try that as I have a bunch of leftover flowers that I made for the Shabby Chic Easter Cards I made but right now I'm sharing my card made with Sam's Tutorial.



As you can see I have not yet added the sentiment but I will.  These cards will need a special box made if you are going to mail it.  I plan to had deliver this to my sister so I'm guaranteed that it won't be smashed.  The card was made using the We R Memory Keepers Envelope Punch Board.  Makes it so much easier than having to figure out measurements.  I do want to try it again with the paper flowers so there may be another post someday.  Hope you enjoyed seeing this beautiful Bouquet.

Til next time.............................................................

HAPPY CARDING!





2 comments:

  1. WOW! That looks like a labor-intensive masterpiece! Absolutely gorgeous, Susan! Now if I could just stop giggling about your "Just Because" sentiment conversation and your sister. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my goodness! This is so awesome, Susan!! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete