TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Monday, February 13, 2023

2 Faced Gnome

 


It's a GNOME INVASION!!!!  I am so addicted to these guys.  As you may have already seen my husband had cut out a few (ok maybe 7) of these triangles about 3-4 weeks ago and I decorated 2 as samples for my ladies group to make as a project on our monthly crafting day. The above picture are the ones they made a week ago Saturday.  Well one of the ladies was talking about how she thought she might turn the back side to a Christmas tree since it was already a tree shape.  Which got me thinking.  Way back in 2015 I made these reversable Love/Luck blocks from 2x4's.




I love the idea that I can leave them up all of February right up to the 17th of March by just turning them around from Valentines to St. Patty's.  Makes decorating my mantle a bit easier and cuts down the number of pieces I need to store.  With that in mind I thought why not make the Gnome double sided too?  Since I had to bring the Gnome project over to one of my friends who missed our craft day I thought it would be a good time to play with the idea and she could also have the option of either leaving the back plain as the other ladies did or doing a tree on the reverse like the others in our group had suggested or going my twist by going green.  Well we decided to go green!  Here are the 2 Valentine/St Patty Gnomes.  I cannot wait for the grandkids to see this guy on St Pattys day.



So I was pretty sure I was going to take my original Gnomes that I made for samples on Saturday and paper the backs of those too.  My Daughter-in-law already has a set of those Love/Luck blocks so I think a Gnome for her is in my plan.  After I got home from my friends house, I grabbed my 2 Gnomes off my mantle and looked through my papers to find the best to go with the Luck blocks.  TADA!  I Love them!

Now I'm ready for St. Pattys Day too.  Why do I have a feeling that I am not done Gnomin' LOL.  As I said before these guys are addicting.  My poor husband has just cut out another 7 for me hahahaha.  I have a feeling everyone is getting some sort of a Gnome from me some time soon.


Til next time.............................................................................

2 comments:

  1. oh. my. goodness. The gnomes are way too cute!!! I also really like the other items, too... but those gnomes grabbed my attention first!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely adorable, Susan!! What fun you all must have had creating these!!

    ReplyDelete